serving 2 people
Half chopped pumpkin
1 jar of chickpeas
1 handful of spinach
two cloves of garlic
pinch of salt
1. Preheat the oven at 190°
2. Slice the pumpkin and toss it in a bowl with Biancolilla extra virgin olive oil, rosemary, salt, and black pepper until well coated. Spread the seasoned pumpkin slices on a baking sheet with garlic cloves. Roast for 25-30 minutes until tender and caramelized.
3.While the pumpkin is roasting, blend chickpeas with two tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Sauté the spinach in a pan for a couple of minutes.
5. For presentation, create a bed of chickpea cream, add spinach leaves, and top with roasted pumpkin.
6. Drizzle with Biancolilla extra virgin olive oil, sprinkle chopped herbs, and add a few whole chickpeas for visual appeal.
– There are different varieties of pumpkin and each one is special. You can choose the one that is available in your area. Local is better.
– I love the acidity of the lemon in the chickpeas, but make sure to adjust the chickpea cream consistency by adding a few drops of water if needed.
– You can also use frozen spinach or any leaf green of your choice.
– Easily double the portions for more servings, making it a versatile side dish or vegetarian main.
Enjoy the vibrant flavors of the Mediterranean with this delightful and wholesome pumpkin dish! Feel free to get creative and adjust the seasonings to suit your taste preferences. Happy cooking!