CHOCOLATE OLIVE OIL CAKE
1 cup natural all–purpose flour
1/2 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup nonfat Greek yogurt
3 large eggs
1/2 cup Cantasole extra virgin olive oil
3/4 cup of dark chocolate chips
1 cup of blueberries (You can even get creative and use other fruits, like raspberries, peaches, oranges and pears).
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and a pinch of salt. In another bowl, mix together sugar, yogurt, eggs, vanilla and Cantasole.
- In batches, mix the dry mixture into the bigger bowl and stir until combined.
- Add some chocolate chips and a handful of blue berries. Mix until smooth.
- Spread some Cantasole inside of a cake pan, to prevent the cake from sticking.
Then, pour the mix into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool in the pan for 5 to 10 minutes, then gently remove the cake from the pan for presentation.
- Serve alone, dusted with powdered sugar, or add a scoop of vanilla ice cream. …and finally, top your cake with the remaining blueberries.
- There is a little something for everyone: you can use your favorite fruit instead of blueberries, such as nuts, pears and strawberries.
- Give a creative frosting to your cake with Nutella, jam or even peanut butter.
- Serve slices with a spoonful of the remaining Greek yogurt.
- It a very easy cake for different occasions: Saint Valentines, Birthday cakes and even to treat yourself to a Sunday brunch.